Thursday, December 9, 2010

Good night and thank you

"We are at the end of our enquiry, but as oftern happens in the search after truth, if we have answered one question, we have raised many more;" (Frazer 685)


I have been completely enlightened through mythology. The fact that my peers are so intellectual and smart envokes my spirit. I can't tell you how mesmerized I was while reading these blogs. Completely surprised and proud to be in this generation of people. The calibur of the use of the mind boggles mine.
As far as mythology, I agree with MaryShaun that I will never look at tree without seeing a beautiful woman inside. Each winter I will feel the pain Ceres as she craves her daughter. Upon seeing my reflection in the water I will not look too long in fear of dying as Narcissus. And everytime I hear myself in the mountains I will think of Echo and mourn for her loss.
Dr. Sexson, thank you for sparking my brain alive with imagination again. Myth maybe false, but it gives me a part of my mind i thought I lost as a child and nothing is more truthful than that. As you so eliquently put it,

"life is not a problem, life is a mystery."

and with that I say, "And Taylor lived happily ever after." The end.... until Shakespeare next semester

No comments:

Post a Comment