Thursday, December 9, 2010

What myth am I?

"Often he regards his shadow or reflection as his soul, or at all events as a vital part of himself, and as such it is necessarily a source of danger to him. For if it is trampled upon, struck, or stabbed, he will feel the injury as if it were done to his person;" (Frazer 185)





I have no specific myth that relates to my life. Because I am my own myth. The perfect representation would be beginnings as ends. Right now all I want out of life is to retire in Bozeman and ski. Thats one of my first memories, skiing. I want my end to be my beginning. I relate to stories from Ovid such as storytelling like the Daughters of Minyas to challenging my peers like the pierides. Its all a myth lived out in each of us. Always and forever in our souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment